Sunday, July 13, 2008

9000 feet, 1031 miles, 65 degrees, 18 hours, 2 gas stops, and 1 bathroom break.

When I wokeup on Friday morning it was below 40 degrees, quite chilly. Thursday night I had camped a few miles down the road from Summitville at 11,500 feet. The plan was sleeping in my own bed the next time I put my head down. When I left my campsite at 7:30 a.m. the temp was 40 degrees, before I passed the Colorado state line the temp had risen to 105 degrees and I had dropped almost 9000 feet in elevation. I made two gas stops once in Jetmore, KS and again in Blue Springs, MO. I stopped once for a bathroom break about 30 miles before Jetmore, I just couldn't wait those last 30miles. Food was granola bars and trail mix, I did get Taco Johns in Blue springs when I stopped for gas, but as it was about 10 p.m. and I had been driving all day I didn't take any photos. I arrived home about 2 a.m. and was fast a sleep by 3 a.m. Just a few notes about my trip, I didn't pay more than $10 for any Meal. I posted all of the meals I bought, I did eat some granola and trail mix while on the road. So no factory food until Friday on my marathon drive. Until the next road trip...GAW

No comments: