Thursday, July 31, 2008

Katies Pizzeria Clayton, MO.

Katies Pizzeria is located about half a block east and across Clayton road from the Esquier Theater. The menu is what I would call FUFU food, its a bit hard for me to explain you either know what I'm talking about or you are one. Their wine list took up more space on the menu than all the food combined.

You have only ten choices for pizza, unlike the infinite combination's you can come up with at a more traditional American pizza joint. I choose the Fingerling Potatoes, Parsnips, Pancetta, Parmiggiano, Onion, and Rosemary it was about 12 inch's and cost $16. I choose this pizza because I know that Pancetta is a bit like bacon, and how can you go wrong with fat salty meat? Right? Outside of the Pancetta it was way out side my comfort zone, but I wasn't ordering my last meal so a little daring I was. I'm not sure if it was the Fingerling Potatoes or the Parsnips as I don't recall having eaten either item in the past, but the pizza had a very unusual flavor all most sour. It wasn't bad by any means just unusual. My dining companions ordered the Italian Market Vegetable Chop Salad which had shaved fennel, carrot, zucchini, shaved parmigiano, pine nuts, cannellini beans, and was tossed with lemon balsamic dressing ($9). They also ordered the Salami, Onion, Crushed Red Pepper, Kalamata Olives, and Fresh Mozzarella pizza ($16). Their pizza was more to my liking than my own. Would I dine at Katies Pizzeria again? Sure, but hopefully on somebody elses dime. GAW
Posted by Picasa

No comments: