Monday, July 28, 2008

Pizza World Maplewood, MO.




Pizza World is a small chain of pizza restaurants based in Collinsville, IL. They have resturants in 6 states and from my recollections have been around the St Louis area for 10+ years. I have had pizza from Pizza World on several occasions in the past, but those locations are no longer open. I worked in Brentwood today and I didn't take my lunch (out of bread, no really...), I was surprised when Pizza World was one of the places that delivered. Nobody eles wanted pizza for lunch so I held out until my workday was done. I placed an ordered togo and was told it would be ready in 30mins. When I got there the pizza wasn't ready, they had forgot to make it, so I got a free drink and a deep discount. I wasn't in a hurry to get any where and 3:30pm is a bit early to order pizza anyway. I wasn't even half way through the RFT when my pie was ready to go. Yes it was a Pepperoni, Meatball, Canadian Bacon, and Red Onion pizza on a hand tossed crust. It takes me about 45 min to an 1 hour to get home and that puts the pizza just about the perfect temperature in my opinion. It was a very pleasant experience when the first slice hit the taste buds. It was rather hard to not eat the whole pie, but I was feeling a bit lazy so I saved half to lunch on Tuesday. It was worth every penny I paid, I would have gladly paid full price it. GAW

No comments: