Sunday, July 6, 2008

Late breakfast.


I left Lamar about 9 a.m. this morning and took my time getting to the Copper Kitchen in La Junta, CO. When I got there at 11 a.m. the only seats open were at the counter, and the waite staff looked like bees buzzing about the small dinning room. The gentleman running the register said this was the Weekend "Hob-Nobbing" crowd. The special today was the breakfast burrito and it came with hash browns and toast. The waitress suggested salsa on the side as it came covered in green chile sauce. Was it something special? No not really, but it was very good and well worth the $6 I paid for it and the coffee. It's basically scrambled eggs with big hunks of sausage wrapped in a tortilla. If I'm in the area I'm ready to stop and have another. GAW

No comments: