Saturday, July 12, 2008

Green Chile means something differnt in Cortez, CO.


After a road side dog for lunch I had to do better for supper, I headed north to Mancos, CO to eat at a resturant that I found out about through "Feasting on Asphalt" Alton Browns great food road trip. As I feared once I got there I found it closed, only open for breakfast and lunch. Once I found a place to stay I asked the ladies working to suggest a place. Blondies Pub & Grub was only 5 or 6 blocks away (walking distance) so it won. It was the typical bar and grill fare. I ordered the southwestern burger (chile cheese burger) with onion rings. The onion rings were battered vs breaded and were excelant, I'm sure they came out of a box in the freezer, but I still liked them. The cheeseburger was good, but the chiles were whole very much like the canned chiles I have gotten at the market around home. The chiles in Cortez, CO are a much differnt creature than in New Mexico. GAW

No comments: